The school was founded in 1926 by the grandfather of the present owners,
Mrs. N. Molyneux and Mrs. A. Parkinson-Curd. Consequently there is a history and presence which enables us to maintain a homely atmosphere and family values. The main building, in pleasant, secluded grounds, houses the junior school and reception, library and dining and kitchen accommodation. In separate outside classrooms, bounded by lawns and playgrounds, are the Infant classes which allows us to keep KS1 together.
Throughout the school the children are arranged into classes by age group, keeping within their correct school year. The same full-time member of staff remains with the year group for the whole academic year to ensure mutual stability, teaching the basic core subjects. In the Junior School specialisations in teaching emerge, and staff teach their specialist subjects throughout the junior department, as well as caring for their own form. Therefore, although the Pre-School, Infant and Junior departments are separate, they meet and play together as often as it is relevant to do so, thus developing interdependence and, among older boys and girls, a sense of responsibility and caring.
As accredited members of the ISA, we are invited to join activities with other like minded schools.